As we move into winter here in Central PA, and with COVID-19 concerns still with us, indoor air quality will be even more important this winter.
Here are some simple, cost-effective solutions to help your family stay healthy all season long.
1. Maintain your HVAC equipment. Regular cleaning of your systems prevents pollutants from building up and circulating throughout your home. Also, air filters should be cleaned or replaced once a month.
2. Invest in an ionization air filter. Breathe cleaner, fresher air this winter with a whole-house air-filtration system that utilizes ionization to break down mold, bacteria and viruses as well as reduce allergens, particles and odor. All without creating any harmful byproducts. Haldeman Mechanical can install this low-maintenance unit in your home to deliver fresher air all year long. Call us for details!
3. Install a whole-house humidifier. Besides reducing dry skin, soothing your sinuses, and reducing your energy bills (humid air feels warmer than dry air), humidifiers reduce the spread of viruses and bacteria because they can’t travel as well in humid air.
4. Clean your vents/ducts. Dust and pet hair can accumulate quickly on vent covers and in ducts and be circulated around your home every time your heat goes on. Remove and wash vent covers and vacuum duct openings on a regular basis.
5. Air out your home. Once a week, open your windows and doors to ventilate your home, thereby allowing accumulated pollutants to be removed.
6. Clean frequently. Vacuuming carpets, dusting furniture, and wet mopping floors can reduce the amount of dust and other pollutants in your home.