Summer is just around the corner and now is the time to make sure your AC is ready to go when the heat hits. Haldeman can help with a thorough annual inspection and cleaning of your system.
There are also a few tips you can take to prepare your system for the summer heat.
1. Remove the cover from your outdoor unit.
2. Inspect and remove any debris from the outdoor coil.
3. Change the air filters.
4. Return air registers only in summer; open top registers and close bottom registers.
5. Take advantage of a warm spring day to run your AC and make sure it is functioning well. Don’t wait until the first hot day of the summer to determine whether or not your system is working correctly. Run your AC for at least 20 minutes. Make sure the unit is running quietly and that cold air is coming out of all home vents.
6. Turn off your humidifier. Many homes have humidifiers mounted right on the furnace. Make sure you turn your humidifier down or off for the cooling season.
7. When the first hot day arrives, pay close attention to the AC unit throughout that first day to ensure everything is functioning properly. If you hear strange noises or your home isn’t cooling, call Haldeman Mechanical immediately.
A little maintenance before the season starts can guarantee that you and your family stay cool all summer long!