Water is one of the world’s most valuable resources. Saving water and money is easy when you follow some of these simple steps.
- Install a dual flush or low flush toilet. Haldeman Mechanical can install a new toilet for you that uses substantially less water than a traditional toilet, saving you money.
- Install a water saving faucet and/or shower head. This is an easy and inexpensive way to reduce your water consumption. Haldeman Mechanical stocks quality Moen low-flow shower heads and water saving aerators for faucets.
- Install a tankless water heater. Tankless water heaters are 90% more efficient than regular water heaters because they only heat water as you need it.
- Buy more efficient appliances. When buying new appliances, consider those that offer cycle and load size adjustments. They’re more water and energy efficient.
- Run your washing machine and dishwasher only when full. Running only full loads in your appliances can save you as much as 1,000 gallons per month!
- Adjust your lawn mower to a higher setting. A taller lawn shades roots and holds soil moisture better than if it is closely clipped.
- Water plants and lawns carefully. Make sure your sprinklers are not also watering sidewalks, porches and driveways. Also, water only in the morning or in the evening when it’s cooler to avoid evaporation.
- Keep an eye out for leaks. Monitor your water meter and your water bill. A spike in either is an indication that you might have a leak. Also, fix dripping faucets immediately.
- Don’t let the water run when washing dishes, brushing teeth, shaving and washing hands. Turn off the water when performing these simple daily tasks and be amazed at how much water you will save.